
Throughout January there will be quotes by Victorian author and Scottish minister, George MacDonald, read each morning as well as posted on the library door. Twentieth century British author C.S. Lewis admired MacDonald and had this to say about him: "I dare not say that he is never in error; but to speak plainly I know hardly any other writer who seems to be closer, or more continually close, to the Spirit of Christ Himself. I have never concealed the fact that I regarded him as my master; indeed I fancy I have never written a book in which I did not quote from him." Here are some items by or about George MacDonald in the academy library:
Christian Mythmakers by Rolland Hein
The Christmas Stories of George MacDonald
George MacDonald: Victorian Mythmaker by Rolland Hein
George MacDonald: Scotland's Beloved Storymaker by Michael R. Phillips
George MacDonald: Selections From His Greatest Works
An Expression of Character: the Letters of George MacDonald
The Gifts of the Child Christ and Other Stories and Fairy Tales by George MacDonald
At the Back of the North Wind
The Princess and Curdie
The Princess and the Goblin
The Princess and the Goblin (video)
The Baronet's Song
A Daughter's Devotion
The Fisherman's Lady
The Marquis' Secret
The Flight of the Shadow
The Grey Wolf and Other Stories
The Highlander's Last Song
The Last Castle
The Light Princess
The Light Princess (video)
The Lost Princess
Lady of the Mansion
The Gentlewoman's Choice
Lilith
The Maiden's Bequest
The Vicar's Daughter
The Seaboard Parish
The Prodigal Apprentice
The Peasant Girl's Dream
The Musician's Quest
A Quiet Neighborhood
The Tutor's First Love
The Wise Woman and Other Stories
No comments:
Post a Comment